The Devil: A Visual Guide to the Demonic, Evil, Scurrilous, and Bad - Tom Morgan, Genevieve Morgan Having been raised a Catholic and being an avid reader this book didn't offer me much I hadn't already come across at some point of my life. And as the title says, this book is more about the visuals than anythings. Most part of the art in it I had already seen, specially Gustave Doré and Albrecht Dürer's works. Some of the other art sources used are very mainstream and you can find them in other similar compilations. Pictures take large parts of the pages and even entire pages at times, leaving text more as a complement.

The information the authors present here isn't something you haven't heard or read before if you are already acquainted with occult lore. The first part of the book centers exclusively on the devil, that's the part I liked best. Next there is information about demons, which I also liked but didn't find very enlightening and isn't too different from what you can find on your own online in several sites. After this my interest started to decline, even more so 'cause the authors began to throw information on all sorts of dark beings that ain't too directly related to the devil (e.g. fairies, vampires, werewolves). There were mentions of Dante, Faust and the Malleus Maleficarum that a knowledgeable reader wouldn't care much about. And the last part was an uninteresting amalgamation of superstitions.

Funny thing, a lot of the info found in here I had read a long time ago in [b:The Sorcerer's Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter|124976|The Sorcerer's Companion A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter|Allan Zola Kronzek|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320413155s/124976.jpg|41405] and [b:The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter: A Treasury of Myths, Legends, and Fascinating Facts|483445|The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter A Treasury of Myths, Legends, and Fascinating Facts|David Colbert|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1175131172s/483445.jpg|471792]. Not exactly the edgiest occult book if you can equiparate it to those two, which are meant for kids.

I would recommend this book to unexperienced readers and people with very little knowledge on the occult. Or maybe someone who wants to see some pretty pictures featuring evil creatures.