Key of Solomon the King

The Key of Solomon the King - S. Liddell MacGregor Mathers Alright, lets cut to the chase: this is an archaic prayer book, nothing more. If you expect detailed tutorials on how to call out for some demon friends, this is not the book for you. I wanted to read it 'cause I've seen it referenced in other books and media, so I decided I should give it a try and see what was what.
Throughout the whole time I spent reading this I kept wondering if people really attempted to perform these crazy rituals and, damn, I'm pretty sure it must have happened, which is sad 'cause these are the most tiresome, complex, boring rituals I've read about, and thinking someone made such a big effort to get it right and then get bupkis in return...
First half of the book was enough interesting, talking about the Planets, Days and Hours, but the second part was too tiresome, going on and on about how to properly prepare certain materials (paper, cloth, ink,etc.) for rituals I got what I wanted from this book, I guess. I ain't recommending it to anyone I know, though.